IMPORTANT NOTICE Banco BBM S.A. announces that in 2006 it suffered incidents of fraud against it involving the unauthorized use of its name and brand in misleading advertising broadcasts on radio and TV. The advertisement offered personal loans at favorable conditions with the sole objective of obtaining illicit advantages. It is important to note that Banco BBM does not offer personal loans or direct consumer credit, focusing instead on wholesale credit operations targeting the corporate market. Banco BBM informs that all measures have been and are still being taken to prevent new incidents of fraud.Nevertheless, the general public should be alert to new fraud attempts. Please clarify any queries you may have and file complaints through the website Banco BBM S.A.
Under no circumstances does Banco BBM request:
- Personal information via e-mail;
- Checking account numbers, passwords or any other document numbers.
Banco BBM does not send e-mails with executable files attached (files that execute commands when opened by the user; the most common file extensions are EXE, BAT, SCR, COM, VBS and PIF).
COMPUTER PROTECTION TIPS
- Keep your antivirus active and updated;
- Only download files from reliable sources;
- Only use floppy disks on reliable computers;
- Do not open attached files or follow links from unexpected e-mails even if they seem to come from a known sender;
- Do not use programs that have not come from official suppliers;
- Use Internet protection programs, such as firewalls;
- Keep the operating system and application software updated, according to the manufacturer’s security instructions.
Beware when you receive the following e-mail content:
- Program installation suggestions;
- Screens requesting several passwords;
- Unknown senders or receivers;
- Grammar mistakes and typos;
- Poor quality image;
- Urgent request to click on a link;
- Offer of unrequested services or awards.
If you receive a suspect e-mail, delete it immediately.
USE OF PASSWORDS
- Use a different password for each service;
- Do not use easily identifiable passwords, such as your house number, birthdays, telephone numbers and document numbers;
- In the case of passwords featuring letters and numbers, do not use words that make sense. Use random sequences of characters. A good option is to use the initial letters of a sentence that only you know, combining numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters;
- Do not disclose your passwords to anyone;
- Do not write down your passwords, memorize them;
- Change your passwords periodically;
- When using the Internet or other channels to access your account, be careful when typing in your password so that it cannot be identified by people nearby.